News & Events
- March 17, 2016
- Posted by: Mujeeb Muhammad
- Category: Ireland
- STUDY in one of the best education systems in the world for Higher Education Achievements
- BENEFIT from Ireland’s investment in the education system
- CHOOSE from over 5000 internationally recognised qualifications
- ACCESS world-class research opportunities in world-leading programmes
- CONNECT with career opportunities with leading global companies located in Ireland
- ACHIEVE your ambitions in Europe’s most entrepreneurial country
- JOIN the 35,000 international students from 161 countries enjoying Ireland’s vibrant culture
- LIVE in the only English speaking country in the Eurozone
- EXPERIENCE living in one of the friendliest and safest countries in the world
The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland’s higher education institutions. The impact of this funding is that Ireland’s higher education institutions now lead the world in an increasing number of fields.
Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields, spanning natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities. This creates a unique opportunity for you at undergraduate and postgraduate level to join research programmes that are driving innovation and changing lives worldwide.
Ireland is also where some of the world’s biggest and best companies have located key, strategic research facilities. And in Ireland, you’ll find a unique ecosystem that sees academic researchers working hand-in-hand with small home-grown and start-up companies in partnership with some of the most powerful multinationals on the planet through a programme for shared research projects developed by Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland.